Friday, February 13, 2009

Get out the way! Get out the way! Move!

Well a couple of weeks ago I experienced something for the first time, I hit a deer while driving. Luckily I was driving on a street with a slow speed limit, so I was only going about 25 to 30 mph. I was going down hill so I had my foot on the break to keep myself from going too fast. Although I wasn't going too fast, I'm sad to say that the deer didn't make it. After hitting it, it stood up and just stood there looking at me. As if to say, "what did you just do? did you really just hit me with that car?" After just standing there, making cars go around him, he walked to the side of the road and laid down. I must have done some internal damage, cause by the time I drove off he wasn't moving. I called the police to report it, and it looked dead when the cop was over there prodding at it. Too bad Curtis wasn't there with his bow.

Here are some of the pictures for the damage, you can see it's pretty minimal. The grill looks cracked, because of the bubbling of the crome finish.

This was the worst of the damage to the car, too bad I can't say the same for the deer.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh you poor girl. Poor deer too. I've never hit anything,but I'd probably be big bawl baby. Hope your car can be fixed. BUMMER!!

Nick + Liz said...

I can hear you singing that song.

Did you ever hear about Barry Brown hitting a deer on Christmas Eve, close to midnight. We would joke that he hit Rudolph.

... by the way, I don't think I know all I need to know about Diannah, you should post more often... I know I do too.